Wednesday, May 24

My Parents Are Scared

According to my parents' latest blog post, they're scared. While I may not fully understand the depths of their fears, I appreciate them. I mean, even though the concept of true, deeply-seeded fear is still a little beyond me, I know that my mom and dad hold their parenting related fears because they both love me more than I can understand. In fact, I probably won't understand the level to which they love me until I myself am preparing for parenthood. From my point of view, their fear is even a little comforting. Because it shows me they're just as unprepared to be parents as I am to enter the world. They're every day people, fears and all.

Mom, Dad, if you're reading this, don't worry about it so much. I'll try to be obedient so you won't have to discipline me, Mom. And Dad, I know you're going to be fun... I can hear it in your voice and the way you make mom laugh. Sure, I'm going to have my frustrating moments, but in all the truth I can muster, I know you both love me more than I can explain. Knowing that, I can set aside my biggest fears.

Until next time, that's (my beautiful and blessed) life thus far.

No comments: